I'm hoping to make some money off commissions, and I wanted to ask for advice about which alternatives people might enjoy enough to put money into!
I initially hope to solicit $200-400 worth of commissions. The fastest way to do this are sketches at $20/single figure + $10/additional without revisions, but I am also available for;
- inked drawings ($30/figure + $15/additional)
- flat colors ($35/figure + $18/additional)
- cell shaded pictures ($40/figure + $20/additional, will check with commissioner after pencilling for possible revision)
- full shaded pictures ($50/figure + $25/additional, will check with commissioner after both thumbnails and pencilling stages)
- model sheets or sequential pages can be discussed further
Since I am trying to scout an area out and move, I would like to make a little more to cover those expenses beyond commissions. What would people find most appealing?
- straight-up asking for support through GoFundMe?
- creating a Patreon as a big tip jar as well as offering illustrations as rewards? Those rewards would be printable (300 dpi) art of monsters or prehistoric animals.
- creating a Kickstarter for a 20-30 page color illustration book, focused on either monsters in general or prehistoric animals.